Your garden trees can be efficiently trimmed and cut down to size with chainsaws run on battery. They can also be used for cutting and shaping wood to make your own furniture at home. So the next time you cut down a few branches of your favorite tree, you don’t need to worry about what to do with those branches.
Before you choose the right device for your house garden you need to understand some of the critical parameters related to the design and functions of the chainsaws run on battery. Here are a few tips which you may find useful.
Technical Specifications of chainsaws run on battery
- Motor is the most critical component of the chainsaws run on battery. Most of the devices use brushless motor powered by lithium battery capable of delivering 35 to 40 volts of power. Once the battery is fully charged you should be able to get a cutting time of 40 to 50 minutes. These are considered as the standard values of the chainsaws run on battery.
- The chain size should be rust proof and capable of wrapping around the blade tightly. The side knobs in the saw should be capable of adjusting the chain tension at standard levels. You can refer to the product manual to know more information about the tension levels.
- The blades for chainsaws run on battery should be preferably made of steel with a combination of alloys to give extra strength to it. Most of the standard size blades are 16”. You may find larger size chainsaws run on battery which can accommodate bigger chains and blades.
Operational Specifications of chainsaws run on battery
Operational specifications are mostly safety instructions which you need to follow while working with the chainsaws run on battery.
- Before you turn on the saw you should ensure proper tightening of the chain. The locking knob of the chain should be closed tightly. Otherwise the chain and the blade may slip out of the assembly.
- Once you press the safety lock inwards the machine is ready to be switched on. You need to keep the trigger lock pressed while the chainsaws run on battery are working. Once you release the trigger the safety lock is on and the machine is turned off automatically. This to avoiding of any troublesome incidents when the saw gets knocked out of your hands accidentally.
- You need to wear safety gloves while operating the machine. The gloves should not be slippery in nature and thick enough to enable good grip. At the same time they should be thin enough to insert your hands into the saw handle.
- If you are a right hander you should hold the grip at the top with your left hand while you use your right hand to hold the handle which is behind the chain below the top handle. Always start your operations from the top of the object and proceed downwards. This is the preferred safe method of using the chainsaws run on battery.